GO Solid

Joey's Journal - September 13, 2006

Father in Heaven, I thank You for giving us the protection from the evil that is out there and lift our heads to focus to You. Thank You for the provision that You have provided sufficiently for us. Most of all, I thank You for Your guidance in living my life more close to You. I commit to Your hands our son, Joel as he is in school; may You watch over him and keep him safe, attentive and obedient. Thank You for the protection over my wife and bringing her safely home last night. May You manifest Your glory to her. May You also watch over us as we live our day. Guide my thoughts continually in my reflection of the book of Psalms. All in the Name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

My Reading - Psalm 38

My guilt overwhelms me – it is a burden too heavy to bear.

O Lord, don’t rebuke me in your anger! Don’t discipline me in your rage! Your arrows have struck deep, and your blows are crushing me. Because of your anger, my whole body is sick; my health is broken because of my sins. My guilt overwhelms me – it is a burden too heavy to bear. My wounds fester and stink because of my foolish sins. I am bent over and racked with pain. My days are filled with grief. A raging fever burns within me, and my health is broken. I am exhausted and completely crushed. My groans come from an anguished heart.

You know what I long for, Lord; you hear my every sigh. My heart beats wildly, my strength fails, and I am going blind. My loved ones and friends stay away, fearing my disease. Even my own family stands at a distance. Meanwhile, my enemies lay traps for me; they make plans to ruin me. They think up treacherous deeds all day long. But I am deaf to all their threats. I am silent before them as one who cannot speak. I choose to hear nothing, and I make no reply. For I am waiting for you, O Lord. You must answer for me, O Lord my God. I prayed, ‘Don’t let my enemies gloat over me or rejoice at my downfall.’ I am on the verge of collapse, facing constant pain. But I confess my sins; I am deeply sorry for what I have done. My enemies are many; they hate me though I have done nothing against them. They repay me evil for good and oppose me for I stand for the right. Do not abandon me, Lord. Do not stand at a distance, my God. Come quickly to help me, O Lord my savior.

My Reflection - David’s lament on receiving God’s anger and discipline because of his sin should bring back memories of our sins. The subtlety of the devil’s temptation in us makes us think that this disobedience to God’s will is a small thing or something we can get away with because it is not too serious. How wrong we are to think this! Disobedience or sin no matter how small, is still a sin against our Father. Yes, we will feel His anger just like when our earthly fathers were angered at our disobedience to their instructions and we get the punishment, i.e., spanking when we were toddlers, grounding or reduction in allowance when we were teens.

When we sin against God, we feel the guilt once we realize our disobedience and we have a great burden in our hearts. We try to hide from, make excuses or reason out to God just like Adam and Eve did but the thought of this offence against God weary us down. But, God with all His love and compassion for us, gives us a chance to confess and repent of our transgressions in order to bring us back closer to Him. There will be consequences for our disobedience and we will have to bear them. But again, the Father wants us to do away with our sinful ways and rebuke the evil one who tempts us. He still offers His outstretched hand for us to hold on to Him and as we walk again the righteous path. Are we ready to take His hand and walk the path leading back to Him?

My PrayerFather in Heaven, I ask for Your forgiveness of my sinful ways. I confess and repent for the sins of disobedience to Your Will. Please show Your mercy on me and those who ask for Your forgiveness. May I stand firm to rebuke the traps of the evil one no matter how subtle they are. May Your Holy Spirit be with me to strengthen and reinforce my thoughts with only of Jesus’ death on the cross because He wanted me to live. May I continue to walk a path of righteousness that would eventually lead to the Father. All in the Name of Jesus. Amen


by Joey B.

No comments:

 
;;