GO Solid

Joey's Journal - September 18, 2006

Heavenly Father, I give You all praise and glory for another day here on earth to live Your Word. May I be worthy to live today a life with patience, gentleness, humbleness and forgiveness to the people I will interact with. Lord, may Your wisdom be on me as I reflect on Your Word and may the words I record in my journal be Your words. I thank You for the protection, provision and guidance for me and my loved ones. May we always remember that all these come from You. May my thoughts, works, joys and sufferings I offer at Your feet be acceptable and pleasing to You. Strengthen me Lord, during wavering times in trusting Your ways. All these I pray in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

My Reading – Psalm 43

Your light and your truth will guide me

O God, take up my cause! Defend me against these ungodly people. Rescue me from these unjust liars. For you are God, my only safe haven. Why have you tossed me aside? Why must I wander around in darkness, oppressed by my enemies? Send out your light and your truth: let them guide me. Let them lead me to your holy mountain, to the place where you live. There I will go to the altar of God, to God – the source of all my joy. I will praise you with my harp, O God, my God!

Why am I discouraged? Why so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again – my Savior and my God!

My Reflection - I often wonder during times of weakness and frailty that these happen when my focus on God becomes lukewarm. These are times when my human reasoning struggles with ‘just taking that leap of faith’ and trusting the ways of God. These are our trials and challenges; especially when things do not work out for our benefit; or when we feel that God is distant to us and doesn’t answer our prayers.

When the pain and suffering come sometimes too heavy for us to bear, do we buckle down from the load of the struggle and just lose all hope? Do we complain to our Lord because we feel discouraged and sad that He is not giving us our needs? Or, do we lose faith and trust in Him because He has allowed some tragedy to happen in our lives or to our loved ones? A lot of times we feel this way. This is why in times like these, we need to seek God even more, who is our light from whom all good things come. Have we ever thought that God is not answering our prayers because He has something much better planned for us? He is not distant from us but we, thinking this way, have distanced ourselves from Him. Our belief in Him and His truth will always give us hope. We hope in the Risen Lord who died for our sins because of His love and compassion. After having done this for us, what more are our prayers of material possessions worth for us? They can’t compare to our being delivered and saved from the enemy and our restoration with the Father.

My PrayerLord God, let me always seek Your light and Your truth. May I never lose hope in Your Ways even through heavy trials and difficult challenges. May I stand firm in my belief in Your provision and be contented in my blessings. May I affirm that You are my Protector from all evil and trust in Your plan for me. I pray all these in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

by Joey B.

No comments:

 
;;