GO Solid

Joey's Journal - September 15, 2006

Heavenly Father, I give You my thoughts, works, joys and sufferings of today and pray that they are pleasing and acceptable to You. May I have complete focus on You as I reflect on Your Word; not my words but Your Words will I record in my journal. Lord, I thank You for Your protection, provision and guidance. A special thank You for giving us a good and spiritually charged cell meeting last night. The brothers were all touched by Your Word on submission to Your authority and opened their hearts to obeying Your Law and Your delegated authority.

Lord, I continue to ask for Your protection and guidance on Joel as he is in school. Keep Your angels at his side always and keep him safe from mishaps and unruly behavior. I also pray that You guide Annabel as she prepares to start a new business. May You give her wisdom and manifest Your glory to her so that she will give You full control of her life. You only want the best for her and us, Lord. Lastly, may You keep me focused to You. All in the Name of Jesus. Amen.


My reading – Psalm 40

Your Law is Within My Heart

I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what he has done and be astounded. They will put their trust in the Lord. Oh, the joys of those who trust the Lord, who have no confidence in the proud, or in those who worship idols. O Lord my God, you have done many miracles for us. Your plans for us are too numerous to list. If I tried to recite all your wonderful deeds, I would never come to the end of them.

You take no delight in sacrifices or offerings. Now that you have made me listen, I finally understand – you don’t require burnt offerings or sin offerings. Then I said, ‘Look, I have come. And this has been written about me in the scroll; I take joy in doing your will, my God, for your law is written on my heart.’ I have told all your people about your justice. I have not been afraid to speak out, as you, O Lord, well know. I have not kept this good news hidden in my heart; I have talked about your faithfulness and saving power. I have told everyone in the great assembly of your unfailing love and faithfulness. Lord, don’t hold back your tender mercies from me. My only hope is in your unfailing love and faithfulness. For troubles surround me – too many to count! They pile up so high I can’t see my way out. They are more numerous than the hairs on my head. I have lost all my courage.

Please, Lord, rescue me! Come quickly, Lord, and help me. May those who try to destroy me be humiliated and put to shame. May those who delight in my trouble be turned back in disgrace. Let them be horrified by their shame, for they said, ‘Aha! We’ve got him now!’ But may all who search for you be filled with joy and gladness. May those who love your salvation repeatedly shout, ‘The Lord is great!’ As for me, I am poor and needy, but the Lord is thinking about me right now. You are my helper and my savior. Do not delay, O my God.

My Reflection – When we proclaim Jesus as our Lord and Savior, we do not only acknowledge Him as our God but also follow His Will. And, when we follow His Will asking us to give Him service, we think of our responsibility of proclaiming the Good News to all, especially unbelievers. Can we honestly say we are doing this service to God? Or, are we simply going to hold on the Good News for ourselves? Jesus and His followers took on the ministry of proclaiming the truth and belief in God’s plan for us, living godly lives, obeying His laws and being restored back in His Father’s Holy Presence.

Are we able to truly say like David did in his psalm that ‘I take joy in doing Your Will, my God, for Your law is written in my heart’? More often than not, our sin of disobedience to His law is what we do and we succumb to Satan’s subtle temptation. If we take joy in ’obeying’ God’s Will then there will be no place for the evil one to trap us. He knows our hearts hold firm in being godly and doing righteous things. Because of this, the Lord takes delight in our lives and He continually blesses us and makes us prosper. Do you take joy doing the Will of God? If not, let us ask His help to remind us that obeying His Will is required for entrance in His Heavenly Kingdom.

My PrayerLord God, I take joy in dong Your Will! I want to be deserving or worthy of Your unfailing love and compassion. Too numerous are the times when I have disobeyed You. Enough is enough! I resolve that I will take Your laws to my heart and obey them with great joy all the days of my life. Father, I long to be restored back to You and be seated at Your Heavenly Banquet that You have prepared. May Your Holy Spirit remind me of this purpose in my life. All these I pray in the Mighty Name of Jesus. Amen.

by Joey B.

No comments:

 
;;