GO Solid

Jey's Journal - September 23, 2006

I am pleased to attach next week's journal for your reading and reflection. May Psalm 48 burn in our hearts and minds that the guidance required in our lives is following the Word of God, the Bible. It is a living testimony of God's goodness to us offering a 'blue-print' to follow as we seek salvation and restoration in His Presence. Through our knowledge of Jesus' life of total obedience to the Father, we are able to trace and emulate His example. And finally, the Holy Spirit is our guide through all the trials and challenges along our path of righteous. May we live our lives worthy, pleasing and for the greater glory of our Father.

I pray for His continued protection against all evil, His abundant provision for all needs and His unending guidance to the righteous path be with you. All in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Have a blessed week with the Lord.

Joey

'But thanks be to God who always leads us in triumphal procession through Christ for us to spread everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of Him' (2 Cor. 2:14)

Father in heaven, I give You all honor and praise for Your continued protection, provision and guidance in our lives. You have sent the Holy Spirit to be our reminder when we are derailed on the righteous path. You stretched out Your hand when we stumble and fall to the enemy’s snares. I pray that we will always look to You for help and call on Your love and compassion to forgive us during our sinful ways. Lord, wash away all our inequities and restore us to be in Your presence.

May You continue to guide me with your wisdom as I reflect on the Psalms and the words that I record are from You, Father. I offer my thoughts, works, joys and sufferings of today and may they be pleasing and acceptable to You. Lord, watch Joel while he is in school and my wife as she goes out today. May You be with them and protect them. All these I pray in Jesus’ Holy Name. Amen.


My Reading - Psalm 48

He is our God forever and ever and he will be our guide

How great is the Lord, and how much we should praise him in the city of our God, which is on his holy mountain! It is magnificent in elevation – the whole earth rejoices to see it! Mount Zion, the holy mountain, is the city of the great King! God himself is in Jerusalem’s towers. He reveals himself as her defender. The kings of the earth joined forces and advanced against the city. But when they saw it, they were stunned; they were terrified and ran away. They were gripped with terror, like a woman writhing in the pain of childbirth or like the mighty ships of Tarshish being shattered by a powerful east wind. We had heard of the city’s glory, but now we have seen it ourselves – the city of the Lord Almighty. It is the city of our God; he will make it safe forever.

O God, we meditate on your unfailing love as we worship in your Temple. As your name deserves, O God, you will be praised to the ends of the earth. Your strong right hand is filled with victory. Let the people on Mount Zion rejoice. Let the towns of Judah be glad, for your judgments are just. Go, inspect the city of Jerusalem. Walk around and count the many towers. Take note of the fortified walls, and tour all the citadels, that you may describe them to future generations. For that is what God is like. He is our God forever and ever, and he will be our guide until we die.

My Reflection – The psalmist begins in praising the Lord, our God, in His holy mountain – Mount Zion, that is in high elevation. All rejoice to see God’s heavenly place! Mount Zion in the Holy Scripture is also referred to as Jerusalem, where the temple of God is situated and where all the earth will gather in the last days when God will judge all nations and be with His faithful believers. Many conquering nations take over Jerusalem as we have read in scripture, yet with God as its defender, the city is liberated again and again. God’s hand has time and again made it safe for His people. The remaining verses speak of the day when God would bring justice to the land in His Kingdom. After an enemy army had unsuccessfully laid siege on Jerusalem, it is important to inspect its towers of defenses, fortifying them when needed, and praising the Lord for His protection.

As believers, in times of our great joy and after God has brought us through some great trial, we need to inspect our ‘defenses’ making sure our foundations – faith in God, knowledge of His Word, and the fellowship and prayers of the body of believers – remain strong. Then, we should praise God for His protection. It is just right! In our prayers of thanksgiving, we often ask God’s guidance as we struggle with tough decisions in our lives. We need both the guidance and a guide. The Bible will be our source for guidance as it is God’s Word and the Holy Spirit will be our guide and constant companion to live our lives following God’s Word.

My Prayer - Father in Heaven, I pray for Your continued protection in my life against the temptations and traps of the enemy. May I always remember to give praise and glory to Your Name as You deliver me from the bait of Satan. I also pray that Your Word will be my source of guidance in my life; holding it close to my heart as I read and reflect on the Bible, and understand and record in my journal what You want to impart to us believers. Lord, send Your Holy Spirit to be my guide, to read and reflect on the Bible so that I may be able to apply it in my daily life. All these I ask in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

By Joey B.

Also visit : Friend's SEO Blog.

No comments:

 
;;