GO Solid

Joey's Journal - September 21, 2006

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

May the mercy, joy and peace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you!

I am happy to send you next week's journal for your reading and reflection. May your heart be touched by Psalm 46 and be assured even in uncertain times that God is with you. May the Holy Spirit strengthen you to stand firm against the enemy. May you bring the Word to those who are under the enemy's stronghold. And, may you call on the Lord's goodness in your life as you uphold and spread His divine plan to others. He is our refuge and comforter.

May the Lord continue to protect you from all evil. May He provide for all your needs. And, may He guide you towards the path of righteousness and eventually be restored in His Presence. All these I pray in the Mighty Name of Jesus. Amen.

Have a blessed week with the Lord.

Joey

But thanks be to God who always leads us in triumphal procession through Christ to spread everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of Him. (2 Cor. 2:14)

Dear God, I thank You for watching over us while we slept. Thank You for the protection You have given my household, most specially giving good sleep to the kids and rest for their nannies. I thank You for bringing my wife safely home. And, I give You praise and glory for giving me another day here on earth to live for You. Father, send me Your grace of patience, humbleness, tenderness and forgiveness to be used to those I interact with today. May You impart to me Your wisdom as I read Your word and reflect on the thoughts You want me to record on my journal. Keep me focused to You and take away all anxieties and distractions far away from me. This prayer I offer to You in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

My reading - Psalm 46
God is our refuge, always ready to help in times of trouble

God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear, even if earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea. Let the oceans roar and foam. Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge! A river brings joy to the city of our God, the sacred home of the Most High. God himself lives in that city; it cannot be destroyed. God will protect it at the break of day. The nations are in an uproar, and kingdoms crumble! God thunders, and the earth melts! The Lord Almighty is here among us; the God of Israel is our fortress.

Come, see the glorious works of the Lord; see how he brings destruction upon the world and causes wars to end throughout the earth. He breaks the bow and snaps the spear in two; he burns the shields with fire. ‘Be silent, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world.’ The Lord Almighty is here among us; the God of Israel is our fortress.

My reflection – The fear of the mountains or cities suddenly crumbling into the sea as the result of a nuclear blast haunts many people today. But the psalmist says that even if the world ends, we should not fear. We should have quiet confidence in God’s ability to save us. When we think of the end of the world, we are consumed with fear, but the Bible is clear – God is our refuge even in the face of total destruction. He is not merely a temporary retreat but our eternal refuge who provides strength in any circumstance. What a great sight to see when all the nations pay honor to our Lord and Father! This is what every Christian should delight in and we anticipate this occurring during our lifetime. We, believers have been commissioned by our Lord Jesus Christ to spread the Good News and the truth about how we will get salvation. We will stay firm in accomplishing our calling to bring the unbelievers to be saved. We will save souls for God as He requires this from us. We will fight the evil one as He requires this from us as His soldiers. And, we will demonstrate in our lives how God has prospered and blessed us by being godly. We will seek the Lord’s refuge in times of trouble and He will be ready to give it. Great is our God, our deliverer and our fortress!

My prayerLord God, our Father, in times of uncertainty in this world we live in, may You be our assurance as our eternal refuge. May we speak in confidence that You will be merciful and will save us from any fear that grips us in such uncertain times we live in this world. War and destruction are inevitable, but so is God’s final victory. And, at that time, we will stand quietly before the Lord Almighty. It is just proper now to reverently honor Him and His power and majesty. May Your Holy Spirit give me the strength to push on, to endure and to persevere in spreading Your Good News to others by way of this journal. May You always be by my side. All these I pray in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

By Joey B.

With the SEO Test that still going on, we would like to still support the participants.

No comments:

 
;;